Fourth of July weekend is here already! As the holidays go by this year, we stay grateful to be able to cook yummy meals and spend time with our families at home.
We have compiled some of our favorite summery BBQ-friendly recipes for the occasion. Get ready to fire up the grill and celebrate the Fourth of July with these vegan and vegetarian-friendly recipes.
Grilled Carrot Dogs (15 min)
Grill carrots on the grill at medium heat for 10-15 minutes, rotating every 3-4 minutes until nicely charred and tender in the middle. Remove from heat. Brush with olive oil and salt (we liked smoked sea salt). Serve on a bun with your favorite hotdog toppings (our favorites: mustard, harissa paste, and relish).
Vegan Macaroni Salad (30 min)
12 oz elbow macaroni noodles
1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise (sub regular mayo if not vegan)
1-2 tablespoons of pickle juice
salt and white pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp mustard powder
fresh dill, to taste
1. Cook elbow macaroni according to package instructions. - 12 oz of pasta. Rinse noodles with cold water and set aside to cool. While noodles cool:
2. Mix veganaise, pickle juice and spices, then toss with macaroni.
3. Dice carrots and celery, and add to mixture, along with frozen peas.
4. Gently mix it all together and let it sit inside the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Roasted Potatoes (45 min)
Preheat grill or oven to 400 F
1. Toss bitesize potatoes and onions with 2 tsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper,
2. Place vegetable mixture onto baking sheet/aluminum pan/foil. We used foil to maintain moisture in the potatoes, and created a packet using a top piece of foil. If you choose this option, seal the corners and sides of your foil packet well so you can flip it safely.
3. Stir or flip after 15 minutes.
4. Check tenderness of the potatoes after 30 minutes of cook time and adjust accordingly to achieve the consistency that you like the most. We let ours cook for a total of 40 minutes to get just a little crispy on one side.
Iced Tea (15 min)
Nothing screams summer like a refreshing glass of iced tea. Green, black or herbal - they're all delicious and refreshing! We love using Oolong, Green, Rooibois and Mint to stay healthy and hydrated.