Updated: Feb 23, 2020
It's finally fall! After a full summer of getting our veggies in delicious summer salads, we are excited to enjoy the cooler weather with healthy, hot meals. Packed with tons of nutrients, this vegetable soup will not disappoint.
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 leaks (white and pale green parts only), chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 6 zucchini, thinly sliced
• 2 (13.75 oz) cans quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 10 cups vegetable broth
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Over medium heat, heat the oil in a heavy large pot. Add the leeks and sauce until translucent, for about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and sauce until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the zucchini and artichokes. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Sauce until the zucchini are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the vegetable broth. Stir in the thyme and cook for 2 minutes. Cover the pot and bring the soup to a simmer. Decrease the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until the flavors develop, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
Serve with locally baked bread. We enjoyed our meal with sourdough. Delicious!