The ayurvedic practice of “Abhyanga”, or moving energy into the body, is a 3,000 year old practice of self-massage extolled by ancient text for its countless virtues. Here are a few highlights of the benefits of regular self massage using healing oils:
Massage works through the power of touch. When your fingers caress your skin and nourish it with oil, they communicate to your body the one vital message it craves – that you care for it.
The rubbing and stroking action dislodges accumulated toxins, which then move out of the body through the digestive system. The result: all three Ayurvedic doshas – vata, pitta, and kapha – are brought into balance gradually with regular practice.
Massage stimulates circulation and improves the flow of blood, nutrients, and oxygen throughout the body. This makes you feel wonderfully energized.
A regular oil massage is an excellent beauty treatment because it replenishes the skin with moisture, which is essential for maintaining a youthful glow.
The gentle action of massage relaxes the nerves, making you feel calm while simultaneously filling you with energy!
I always have the above concepts in the back of my mind when I’m creating new Zeeta blends or replenishing stock of your favorites. I practice what I preach regularly and hope to promote the benefits of Abhyanga during all of my aromatherapy infused yoga classes and workshops. However, if your schedule doesn’t allow you to attend a class or if you still need some convincing, here are several more reasons to give yourself a treat regularly using Zeeta Body Oils.
The Top 5 Reasons to Practice Self Massage
- You’re rejuvenating your body and mind. When you start your day with a 10-minute self massage, you can meet yourself where you are. A more energetic massage stroke will vitalize the body and mind, which helps if you’ve been feeling mentally or physically sluggish. A more leisurely self massage while focusing on your breath helps your mind slow down and your body relax.
- You’re detoxifying your body’s largest organ. We feel dis-ease because of the accumulation of toxins. As you massage your body, you’re promoting the flushing out of impurities and toxins through your skin. Proper elimination is a key part of feeling energized and ready to engage fully with life.
- You’re stimulating your body’s energetic channels so your energy flows freely. According to Ayurveda, your life force (prana) flows through invisible channels called nadis. Self massage stimulates your energetic channels, promoting the easy flow of prana through your mind and body. Prana is your body’s natural intelligence and when it’s flowing properly your internal primal healing power is activated.
- You’re promoting youthfulness. Self massage increases your vibrancy, promoting soft and lustrous skin. Its detoxifying, energetic, and balancing effects promote the qualities we associate with being youthful, such as resilience, joy, and vitality.
- You’re nurturing yourself. Self massage is one of the most incredible acts of self-kindness and love. By taking 10 minutes each morning for this practice, you turn off your inner critic and turn on your ability to relax into that part of you that is pure being, beauty, and bliss.
Keep it Real,