Mindfulness /ˈmīn(d)f(ə)lnəs/ noun: a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
We all, at times, could be more mindful. Not only would being more mindful benefit our lives, but it would also positively affect the lives of those around us.
I have personally found that practicing mindfulness in everyday life helps me slow down, and
Here are our top five tips and tricks to help you become more mindful.
1. Yoga: Mindfulness is something that Buddhist meditators cultivate. And it's something that many styles of yoga teach, often through an emphasis on breath awareness. When you enter the practice area, become aware of your own experience, note how you feel and the thoughts your mind goes to, and TAKE THE TIME FOR SAVASANA! I also love to take time for some restorative yoga with the help of my Zeeta Body bolster. https://www.zeetabody.com/product-page/bolsters
2. Meditation: Meditation has been proven to have specific benefits such as enhanced brain performance, increased creative thinking, and a greater sense of compassion. There are endless ways that you can practice meditation and mindfulness. This allows you to personalize your experience and focus on what your mind needs.
3. Journaling: Journaling is a great way to remain aware of your thoughts and feelings. The great thing is -- journaling doesn’t have to be just writing! Drawing pictures and doodling is a fantastic way for visual learners to keep in touch with their feelings.
4. Communication: Noticing what you say and how you deliver information to others. Words do matter! Communication is everything in our day to day lives. Thinking things through before we speak makes a big difference. After all, “if you don’t have something nice to say, you shouldn’t say anything at all.”
5. Deep breathing: Practicing deep breathing helps us stay in touch with our bodies and listen to what they are telling us. Taking a few deep breaths helps us re-center our minds and regain clarity, focusing on the present instead of the past or the future. Slow deep breaths also trigger a release of endorphins, making us feel better! Enhance your breath practice with one of our calming essential oil-based body oils, like Chill Out. https://www.zeetabody.com/product-page/chill-out-body-oil
Practicing one or all of these tricks daily can quickly help you become a better you. Not only will you notice a deeper understanding of who you are, but you will better understand the thoughts and feelings of those around you.